How to make chickpea tuna salad
This week, Chef Ruthie teaches us how to make tuna salad minus the tuna. Follow along and learn how to make her chickpea tuna salad, and a special peach relish!
- 2 15 oz cans garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 of an apple, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup Veganaise
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1-2 peaches, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- juice of half of a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 red radishes, sliced
- One head romaine lettuce, trimmed, washed, and leaves separated
Drain chickpeas, saving aquafaba for another usage, and add to a food processor. Pulse until chickpeas are roughly chopped. With a rubber spatula, scoop chickpeas into a medium mixing bowl. Add the chopped pecans and the next 8 ingredients. Stir to combine. Adjust seasoning with more Veganaise, salt, and pepper if needed. Serve on a bed of lettuce or as a sandwich.
Combine all of the ingredients (except the romaine and radishes) into a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the wraps.
For more recipes, visit blackfigfood.com!