Panhandle PBS is an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Broadcast Technical Operations Specialist to join our team at KACV-TV/FM who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and who will perform professional-level technical operations. Apply here: https://wrkbl.ink/cU3xnxW
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
Supports technical operations of all KACV-TV/FM broadcast facilities, including transmitter, master control and studio/production systems.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Associate Degree in Electronics or Communications or equivalent experience.
- Industry certifications and trainings are preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Required: At least two years of experience with IT and audio/video equipment.
- Knowledge of broadcast equipment operation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Experience in live production environments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of computer technology skills required.
- Familiarity with digital equipment operation, including Adobe software suites.
- Ability to use and operate video cameras, recorders and production equipment.
- Ability to work under stress, to work independently, as a team member, and with people in a professional manner.
- Must be able to work in a noisy environment.
- Must be able to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer network or network security knowledge and training.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform maintenance and assist with installation of KACV-TV/FM equipment and systems.
- Evaluate and recommend enhancements for broadcast and production systems and workflows.
- Supports production team with technical support and troubleshooting.
- Serves as primary liaison with college ITS department.
- Assist with maintaining compliance with FCC laws and other regulations.
- On-call as needed for equipment problems and off-air emergencies.
- Comply with all college, state and local procedures, rules and regulations. Observe and promote continual improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Perform other duties when needed.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation and Yes.
AC Employee Commitments:
Wow: I commit to wow by knowing how to help every student apply and enroll at AC.
Fun: I commit to fun by finding ways to make my work fun and more efficient.
Innovation: I commit to innovation by eliminating barriers that keep students from being successful.
Family: I commit to family by making eye contact, smiling, saying hello, and walking students to their location when they need help.
Yes: I commit to yes by providing the best customer service to our students and my colleagues.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, climb ladders and hold a valid Texas. driver's license. Must be able to walk or stand for long periods of time. Must be able to work in a noisy environment. Exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards and hot and cold conditions inside and outside.
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy:
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.
Panhandle PBS is licensed to Amarillo College. All employment opportunities are posted with and all applications for employment must be filed through the Human Resources Department of Amarillo College.