By Chip Chandler — Digital Content Producer
St. Patrick's Day fun, a benefit Venom game and more are heading your way in the next few days. Check our roundup for details.
- St. Patrick's Day: Check out this full roundup of your St. Paddy's Day fun, including the weekend of revelry in Shamrock and options all around Amarillo.
- Amarillo's Largest Garage Sale: Shop at this huge collection of rummage sales or man your own booth. The event runs 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday in the Amarillo Civic Center Complex North Exhibit Hall, 401 S. Buchanan St. Admission is $5. Call 806-355-9777. (Watch for construction on Buchanan Street.)
- Texas Gun & Knife Show: Find firearms, knives, accessories and more at this expo. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 10 am. to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Civic Center South Exhibit Hall.
- Amarillo Venom: The indoor football squad will kick off its home season with a 7 p.m. Saturday game against the Dallas Marshals in the Civic Center Coliseum. Tickets are normally $10 to $40, plus fees, but admission is free with a $5 donation to area firefighters and others affected by the recent wildfires. Call 806-350-7277.
- Spring Equinox Celebration: Ring in the season with a drumming celebration and feast at 7 p.m. Saturday at Dove Creek Ranch and Equine Rescue, 16201 Gordon Cummings Road. Email email@example.com for more details.
- Greater Tuna: Co-creator Jaston Williams will direct this revival of the popular Texas comedy, coming to town as part of Civic Amarillo's Broadway Spotlight Series. The one-night-only performance will be staged at 7:30 p.m. March 23 in the Civic Center Auditorium. Tickets are $20 to $60, plus fees. Call 806-378-3096, and check out my preview for an interview with Williams and one of his stars.