The Texas Education Agency has released detailed school- and district-level academic performance data.
The latest Texas Academic Performance Reports now are available for the 2016-2017 school year. TEA emphasizes that the information is preliminary. Final performance reports are scheduled for release in late November.
Some of the information included in the reports:
• Test scores and participation (STAAR, SAT, ACT, etc.)
• Average class size
• Graduation rates (high schools)
• Advanced placement program participation
• Student population and demographics
• Teacher/staff numbers and demographics
As an example, click here for a sample report for Borger High School.
Parents also can search the database to find out how their region compares with others across Texas. Texas Panhandlel schools are in ESC Region 16.
Included with the report is a glossary for terms used in the report. A Spanish glossary will be available early in 2018, according to TEA.