Saints, Cavalry to headline annual Suds & Sounds outdoor concert
By Chip Chandler — Digital Content Producer
A pair of Texas-based Americana bands will co-headline the 2017 Suds & Sounds concert, part of the 45th annual Nazareth German Festival.
Shane Smith & The Saints and Lubbock-based Flatland Cavalry will perform at the end of an outdoor concert kicking off at 6 p.m. Saturday in the Nazareth Ballpark, located between Leo and St. Joseph streets.
The party runs from 9 a.m. to the wee hours on Saturday in Nazareth, about 60 miles south of Amarillo in Castro County.
German Festival activities include:
- 9 a.m.: Playa lake tours
- 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Art and crafts show
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Children's water slides and games; armbands are $10
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: German sausage dinner at Nazareth Community Hall, 209 N. Third St.; tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for children
- 1 p.m.: Three-on-three basketball tournament and cornhole toss; armbands are $10
- 1 to 4 p.m.: Car show in the community hall parking lot
- 1 to 5 p.m.: WIne tasting with Bar Z Winery and art exhibition in Home Mercantile, 101 Second St.
- 1 to 5 p.m.: Snack Shack open at Senior Citizens Center, 104 N. Second St.
- 1:30 to 5:30 p.m.: Paige's Garden live music stage featuring C.R. Beedy, Logan Robb, Steven Birkenfeld, Mason Kleman, Tom Kern & Family, and more
Gates open at 5 p.m. for the Suds & Sounds outdoor concert and dance at Nazareth Ballpark between Leo and St. Joseph streets. The venue will feature a 2,400 square foot wooden dance floor.
Music begins at 6 p.m. Attendees can bring trailers and campers, but no glass bottles are allowed, and a 3 a.m. in-vehicle curfew will be enforced.
Tickets are $30.
For information, call 806-943-5843 or email email@example.com.