Tunes and brews to flow at Nazareth's annual Suds & Sounds
"Jayton and Jill," Zane Williams
By Chip Chandler — Digital Content Producer
Texas country singer Zane Williams will headline the 2016 Suds & Sounds concert, part of the 44th annual Nazareth German Festival.
The party runs from 9 a.m. to the wee hours on Saturday in Nazareth, about 60 miles south of Amarillo in Castro County.
German Festival activities include:
- 9 a.m.: Playa lake tours
- 9:30 a.m.: Walking tour of Nazareth with Boy Scout guides
- 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Art and crafts show
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Children's water slides and games; armbands are $10
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: German sausage dinner at Nazareth Community Hall, 209 N. Third St.; tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for children
- 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.: Paige's Garden live music stage featuring C.R. Beedy, Taylor and Carlton Baugus, Steven Birkenfeld and more
- 1 to 4 p.m.: Art exhibition by Gary Ward and car show
- 1 to 5 p.m.: Snack Shack open at Senior Citizens Center, 104 N. Second St.
Most activities take place at the Home Mercantile, 101 N. Second St., or at the community hall.
Gates open at 5 p.m. for the Suds & Sounds outdoor concert and dance at Nazareth Ballpark between Leo and St. Joseph streets. The venue will feature a 2,400 square foot wooden dance floor.
Music begins at 6 p.m. Attendees can bring trailers and campers, but no glass bottles are allowed, and a 3 a.m. in-vehicle curfew will be enforced.
Tickets are $30.
For information, call 806-943-5843 or email email@example.com.