Tickets for Bon Qui Qui performance on sale Friday
By Chip Chandler — Digital Content Producer
The ghetto-fabulous employee from hell Bon Qui Qui will visit Amarillo in May.
Bon Qui Qui, the comedic persona of Anjelah Johnson-Reyes, will bring her Gold Plated Dreams tour with Group 1 Crew to Amarillo for an 8 p.m. May 2 show in the Amarillo Civic Center Complex Auditorium, 401 S. Buchanan St.
Tickets — which go on sale at noon Friday — are $36.50 or $97 for VIP tickets and meet-and-greet passes, plus fees.
Johnson-Reyes developed the character for the Mad TV sketch "King Burger," then followed it up with a stand-up routine, "Nail Salon." Since then, Bon Qui Qui has released three songs, two music videos and the album Gold Plated Dreams. Johnson-Reyes' combined original YouTube views have surpassed 100 million.
The performance will include Johnson-Reyes' stand-up act as well as a concert with Group 1 Crew.
Other upcoming Civic Center productions include:
- Harlem Globetrotters at 7 p.m. Jan. 4 in the Civic Center Coliseum; tickets are $23.50 to $93.50, plus fees
- Rodney Carrington at 7 p.m. Jan. 13 in the Civic Center Auditorium; tickets are $41.75 or $176.75 VIP, plus fees
- Saturday Night Fever for Broadway Spotlight Series at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 25 and 26 in the Civic Center Auditorium; tickets are $20 to $55, plus fees
- Foreigner at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 30 in the Civic Center Auditorium; tickets are $35.50 to $95.50, plus fees
- Cirque Eloize Saloon for Broadway Spotlight Series at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 8 and 8 in the Civic Center Auditorium; tickets are $22 to $60, plus fees
- Jim Brickman's Pure Pianos: The Greatest Hits at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 15 in the Globe-News Center for the Performing Arts, 500 S. Buchanan St.; tickets are $30 to $60
- and Ink Life Tour on Feb. 17 to 19 in various locations in the Civic Center; tickets are $27 for day passes, $42 for weekend passes, $52 for VIP day passes, $77 for VIP with artist lunch, and $102 for weekend VIP meet-and-greet passes, plus fees.