Season Preview: Amarillo Little Theatre's 2018-19 offerings
Last Updated by
Season Preview 2018-19: Amarillo Little Theatre
By Chip Chandler — Producer
Acclaimed new shows and beloved classics will hit the boards in Amarillo Little Theatre's upcoming season.
"This is our 94th season, and we're very excited," general/artistic director Allen Shankles said in the embedded video. "I think i'ts one of the best collections of shows we've put together in a long time."
The season will feature:
- Pageant Play, a black comedy set inside the world of children's beauty pageants. It'll be staged Aug. 16 to 26 in the ALT Adventure Space, 2751 Civic Circle.
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, the popular Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice musical about the Biblical story of Joseph, his 11 brothers, their father Jacob and the fabled coat of many colors. It'll be staged Sept. 6 to 23 in the ALT Mainstage, 2019 Civic Circle.
- Little Shop of Horrors, the sci-fi musical featuring devious songs by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken and one big, bloodthirsty plant. It'll be staged Oct. 25 to Nov. 4 in the ALT Mainstage.
- A Skull in Connemara, an Irish drama by Martin McDonagh (The Lieutenant of Inishmore) about a man who un-buries bodies in the local cemetery to make room for new arrivals. It'll be staged Nov. 8 to 18 in the ALT Adventure Space.
- Over the River and Through the Woods, a family comedy by Joe DiPietro about a single man whose plans to move across the country for a new job inspires schemes by his doting grandparents to keep him in the nest. It'll be staged Jan. 17 to 27 in the ALT Mainstage.
- Fun Home, the 2015 Pulitzer Prize finalist that adapts the autobiographical graphic novel by lison Bechdel about growing up in the family funeral home and coming to terms with her sexuality while uncovering secrets about her father's private life. It'll be staged Feb. 7 to 17 in the ALT Adventure Space.
- Steel Magnolias, the beloved Southern dramedy about the close ties between a group of six Louisiana women as they deal with marriage, children and death. It'll be staged Feb. 28 to March 10 in the ALT Mainstage.
- Other Desert Cities, a Pulitzer Prize finalist about a wealthy family's coming to terms with the death of one of their own and other long-held secrets. It'll be staged APril 11 to 20 in the ALT Adventure Space.
- Mamma Mia!, the musical inspired by ABBA hits like "Dancing Queen," "Waterloo" and the title song. It'll be staged May 2 to 19 in the ALT Mainstage.
Season tickets are now on sale.