Amarillo ISD gifted students share transportation, recreation ideas with city
Last Updated by
Amarillo Independent School District's gifted and talented students spent their summer producing solutions to citywide problems.
The students even involved Mayor Ginger Nelson in the process, and two of their groups were invited Tuesday evening (Aug. 7) to present their proposals to Amarillo City Council.
The students were:
- Kianna Ortiz, Bonham 8th grade
- Angelina Nguyen, de Zavala 8th grade
- Eleanor Archer, de Zavala 8th grade
- Jessica Tsago, de Zavala 8th grade
- Jeramyah Martin, de Zavala 7th grade
- Daniel Rejino, de Zavala 7th grade
- Riley Patterson, Bonham 8th grade
- Paxton Lockett, de Zavala 7th grade
Their discussion included question-and-answer sessions with city council.
See the Facebook Live broadcast of the students' presentations: