Election Day 2015
Amarillo voters are going to the polls to decide whether or not a proposed multipurpose event venue to be constructed downtown should include a baseball stadium at an estimated cost of $32 million.
Only city of Amarillo residents can vote on the stadium question.
The ballot also will include proposed state constitutional amendments.
In addition, residents in Potter County’s Precinct 1 will vote for or against the legal sale of beer and wine for off-premise consumption only.
Plus, for Potter County voters who live in the Bushland Independent School District, the ballot will include a vote on raising the property tax rate from $1.37 per $100 in property valuation for the current year to a rate that is 10.2 cents higher per $100 valuation than the school district rollback rate.
Early voting runs from Oct. 19 through Oct. 30 at several Potter and Randall county locations listed below.
Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 3 at numerous polling places listed below.
Election Day polling places
Polling places will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 3.
On Election Day, Potter County residents can vote at any Potter County voting center, and Randall County residents can vote at any Randall County voting center. But Amarillo residents must vote at a Potter or Randall county voting center that is inside the city limits.
- Second Baptist Church, 419 N. Buchanan St.
- St. John Baptist Church, 2301 N.W. 14th Ave,
- Tea2Go, 2207 S. Western St.
- Valle de Oro Fire Station, 23801 Farm-to-Market Road 1061, Valle de Oro
- Wesley Community Center, 1615 S. Roberts St.
- Amarillo Auto Supply & Off Road, 3601 E. Amarillo Blvd.
- Bell Avenue Church of Christ, 1600 S. Bell St.
- Buzula Furniture Outlet, 716 W. Interstate 40
- Chaparral Hills Church, 4000 W. Cherry St.
- Coffee Memorial Blood Center, 7500 Wallace Blvd.
- First Baptist Church, Bushland, 1800 Farm-to-Market Road 2381, Bushland
- Kids Inc., 2201 S.E. 27th Ave.
- Hillside Christian Church Northwest, 600 Tascosa Road
- Highland Park Independent School District Administration Building, 15300 E. Amarillo Blvd.
- Lighthouse Baptist Church, 5631 Pavillard
- Pride Home Center, 3503 N.E. 24th Ave.
- The Cowboy Church, 8827 S. Washington St.
- Comanche Trail Church of Christ, 2700 S.E. 34th Ave.
- Randall County Justice Center, 2309 Russell Long Blvd., Canyon
- Southwest Church of Christ, 4515 Cornell St.
- Redeemer Christian Church, 3701 S. Soncy Road
- Region 16 Education Service Center, 5800 S. Bell St.
- Randall County Fire Department No. 2, 9451 Farm-to-Market Road 2186
- Randall Elections Administration Office, 1604 Fifth Avenue, Canyon
- Arden Road Baptist Church, 6701 Arden Road
- Central Baptist Church, 1601 S.W. 58th Ave.
- Paramount Baptist Church, 4100 Kristee St.
- Oasis Southwest Baptist Church, 8201 Canyon Drive
- Randall County Annex, 4111 S. Georgia St.
- The Summit, 2008 12th Ave., Canyon
- Coulter Road Baptist Church, 4108 S. Coulter St.
What to take with you
You now must present one of the following forms of photo ID when voting in person:
- Texas driver’s license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Election Identification Certificate (EIC) issued by the DPS*
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by the DPS
- United States military identification card containing your photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing your photograph
- United States passport
With the exception of the U.S. citizenship certificate, the identification must be current or have expired no more than 60 days before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.
*For information about the EIC, visit www.votetexas.gov.